Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Cats!


Well it has been a bit of a mad week and you can see why! This is Morpheus the dream kitten and he was just so cute I couldn't resist him!

I've been inspired to do lots of paintings of him but he does like to help usually by chewing the paintbrush!
Black & White Kitten

He doesn't stay still for very long so getting photos to work from has been a bit difficult!

Here is he is with his favourite toy a rattly ball that he likes to get you to throw and he will fetch it back for more (I'm sure he thinks he is a dog!)

Today I decided to do a few watercolour paintings of him until he pushed a full jar of water into my lap and decided my watercolour paints were a new fun toy!

Sleepy Kitten
Kitten Charm
Kitten & Ball
I've also been doing a bit of linocut printing as he looked so cute in this pose!
Kitten Play

Kitten Cute




  I can see much more kitten themed artwork to come!


Also more cat related news, I have just had two of my cat collagraph prints featured in a brand new book - The Printmakers Cat!


It was great to see my work in print and I still can't quite believe it! Its a great book and I'm really enjoying reading it. Thank you to Alan Marshall from Mascot Media Ltd for including me and my cats!
Purple Cat
Clare xx

10 comments:

  1. your painting are awesome! i love them!

    <3 from your newest GFC follower at http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, just started following you too!

      Delete
  2. Morpheus is absolutely adorable! I love your paintings of him - you really capture his playful nature. Congratulations on being featured in the book. It looks to be a lovely read. I hope it leads to lots of interest in your shop and work.

    Jacqueline x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he is so cute I just can't resist painting him!

      Delete
  3. I can see why Morpheus is your new 'mews': he is adorable! Wonderful art work too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my "mews" and just so cute (apart from at 5am in the morning when he wakes me up for breakfast!)

      Delete
  4. Morpheus is a pretty cat and great paintings. Mine never grew out of wanting to chew pens, brushes etc and a stick was the best toy, as long as I was holding it and it moved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he is so inquisitive I can see me having to hide all my paintbrushes and pencils!

      Delete
  5. So cool! Cutie pie cat too! Visiting from Etsy Teams.

    ReplyDelete