This is Captain Jack Kitty. Its one of my most popular acrylic paintings and I really wanted to do a slightly different bigger version in oils.
|Captain Jack Kitty - Acrylic - 20 x 20cm|
Of course it had to feature the top pirate cat Morpheus in his most swashbuckling pose!
- I always do an acrylic underpainting first to get rid of the white canvas and to make sure everything looks right but I forgot to take a photo of this!
- Below is about half an hour of throwing some oil paint on the canvas just to get some shapes.
- A bit more definition all over and I decided to make his eyes a bit bigger and less squinty.
- Again more definition especially on the eyes as I always think if the eyes don't look right the whole painting won't work.
- The finished painting just waiting to dry!
I love painting my cat Morpheus as he always has a cute little smile which his black chin accentuates!
I wanted him to be a bit of a scruffy looking pirate and I think it works!